Exhale

Taking a little time off today to take care of some things. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Drop me a note on what’s on your mind or catching your eye in the news in the comments.

And take a little time to enjoy life and exhale a bit…

13 Responses to "Exhale"
demi | Wednesday September 16, 2009 07:14 am 1

What a peaceful photo. Thanks, Christy. I believe I’ll slip in to that small craft and drift out towards the middle of that Lake.
Blissing out here, for about 15 minutes. I’ll take what I can get.

Ann in AZ | Wednesday September 16, 2009 03:11 pm 2

Just a brief note, Christy, to say that, if you never had reason before, you certainly have reason right now to be proud of Senator Jay Rockefeller. Even I am proud of him today. He has been very strong in his support of the public option, and he’s been willing to talk very publicly about why, and why the other ways are not viable. Congratulations to the State of West Virginia for voting him in.

RevBev | Wednesday September 16, 2009 07:04 pm 3

Demi, The makeover project went very well. The final fundraiser project was a “style show” to show the before & after…much fun. Thanks for asking. Hope all is well with you.

JimWhite | Thursday September 17, 2009 06:25 am 4

Good morning, Christy. Happy Constitution Day. Enjoy the video of Robert Byrd reciting the preamble.

cbl2 | Thursday September 17, 2009 07:42 am 5

Good Morning Christy,

certainly was thinking of you while watching Senator Rockefeller on Ed’s show (link below) I had never seen that Jay before – there is no denying the authentic passion and advocacy – imagine what that feller could accomplish :D

Ed Show

Leen | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:16 am 6

Have a good one Christy.

Still jumping in the ponds here in Athens County for my time off. Beautiful clear and crisp days, golden rod going off, purple asters, Queen Annes lace, tail end of the bountiful display of botanicals here in s.e. Ohio.

One thing I have noticed is there has been little to no attention being given to the latest UN report about findings by Goldstone having to do with war crimes committed during the disproportionate response by Israel on the Gaza.

Only folks to touch it much are of course Amy Goodman and Mondoweiss. No mention by Brian Williams (even when he had Carter on to talk about the Wilson “you lie” comment.) Rachel Maddow, Keith Olbermann those liberal media folks will not touch it.

It is an important report

UN fact finding mission finds that Israeli actions in Gaza amounted to war crimes, and possibly crimes against humanity

Report at the end of this page

Amy Goodman interviewed Norman Finkelstein about the report

worth the ljsten

UN Inquiry Finds Israel “Punished and Terrorized” Palestinian Civilians, Committed War Crimes During Gaza Assault

amy also interviewed Daniel Ellsburg about the recently released documentary “The Most Dangerous Man in America”
Great interview

demi | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:18 am 7
In response to JimWhite @ 4

Isn’t he a peach? I wonder if any others carry their pocket Constitution in their pocket? Who will carry on that tradition.? Thanks, Jim.

demi | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:19 am 8

I be okay. Glad the project went well. One of these days, we’ll up here and you’ll share All.

l

demi | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:20 am 9

Christy…hope all is well. Also, hoping my linkies to other comments was taken only as a heads up and nothing negative. :)

cbl2 | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:29 am 10

saw that Roberts and Blowback have released holds on several Obama appointees – was wondering if Dawn Johnsen was among the released

Leen | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:40 am 11

Phillip over at Mondoweiss was wondering the same thing when Jimmy Carter was interviewed by Brian Williams about the Wilson “you lie” comment.

The UN Report had come out several days before yet no mention of it, no questions from a Former President whose life is committed to peace in the middle east.

Not one mention of this report by Williams or Carter

demi | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:51 am 12

Wowzers. That would be great news. Along with the change in missile defense, today could be a good news day.
Hi cbl2, nice and happy lady.
I’m going to research that release. If I read anything specific, I’ll come back and note it.

Leen | Thursday September 17, 2009 08:59 am 13
In response to Ann in AZ @ 2

You can be sure that the ratio of uninsured folks in W Virginia is up there in the ranks