Headed To The Big Apple

Mr. ReddHedd has to attend a conference in NYC this coming weekend, and The Peanut and I have decided to tag along for the ride.

For those who might like to hang for a bit on Friday, June 19th, I’m planning to grab a cuppa at the Starbucks in Rockefeller Plaza around 11:30 am ET.

Rockefeller Center Concourse
30 Rockefeller Plaza Space A
New York, New York 10112
212-586-0911

The Peanut will be along with me, because we have a subsequent engagement after the FDL Koffee Klatch, so I’d ask that folks don’t take any pictures of her while we’re there. And I really appreciate folks understanding about that.  Call me overprotective, but there you are.

Anyway, the plan is to stick around for an hour and a half or so. Would be great to see some of the NYC FDL contingent if anyone can get away to say howdy for a bit while we all pull up a chair in person.

Hope to see you there!

8 Responses to "Headed To The Big Apple"
diablesseblu | Tuesday June 16, 2009 11:30 am 1

Christy, am so jealous! Know that you three will have a wonderful time in my former (and still favorite) city. Also, agree completely about the Peanut and the pics.

If you have any extra time and want a special treat, try a visit here.

The bookshop in “You’ve Got Mail” was based on this one. It’s a delight.

Christy Hardin Smith | Tuesday June 16, 2009 12:44 pm 2
In response to diablesseblu @ 1

I have two big goals of things to do with her in NYC this trip: we’re going to get afternoon tea at American Girl place, because she’s at that age where the history and the dolls converge really well, and it’s the one thing she wanted to do more than anything. So we are.

And the other? We’re going to see the dinosaurs at the Natural History museum and walk through some of Central Park at some point. Anything else will simply be gravy.

But Books of Wonder looks fantastic. Thanks so much for the heads up!

msmolly | Tuesday June 16, 2009 01:32 pm 3

My daughter and three granddaughters had lunch at American Girl Place in Chicago last summer, and they really do a nice job. Better yet, if the Peanut has an AG doll, leave her for a new hairdo while you have tea!

msmolly | Tuesday June 16, 2009 01:33 pm 4

OOPS. My daughter, three granddaughters and *I* had that lunch. And Grandma paid the bill ($100!!). But it was tooo fun!

Margot | Tuesday June 16, 2009 04:24 pm 5

Have fun, Christy!

Justinajustice | Tuesday June 16, 2009 10:49 pm 6

Where did the dog with the Sarah Palin hairdo disappear to? I was just about to comment there that, speaking of the “Opposite of Dignity Promotion”, isn’t it time to dignify the kindergarden graduate with a new nickname? “The Peanut” is a bit twee (not to mention embarrassing) for a child of her new maturity. Have a heart, upgrade to something more liberating for a growing girl!

favoriteaunt | Wednesday June 17, 2009 03:11 pm 7

Have a great time in NYC, wish I was there with you 3. I will let you join use in Maui later this summer. Hugs to Mr Red Head, Peanut and you. The favorite Aunt

laurastrand | Wednesday June 17, 2009 03:58 pm 8

If you’re casting about for a new moniker for the growing Peanut – feel free to use Sisterbelle, as I am no longering using it as the beloved Auntie who coined it has sadly passed away.
Oh, and have a wonderful trip.