Death By “Shocked, Yet?”

The GOPeevish keep jacking up the nopes. Look what all their empty gestures are getting for the American public.

Exhibit A: That swine flu epidemic that may or may not be headed across the globe? Wondering why we don’t yet have a CDC Director? Effect? Meet cause:

CDC is an agency on organizational hold, with an Acting Director. As public health professionals they are doing a heroic job, but they depend on DHHS, of which they are a part, for building government-to-government relationships….[and] there is still no Secretary of DHHS. Obama’s nominee, the highly capable administrator Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius, has had her confirmation held up by Republican ideologues playing abortion politics.

If ever there was a time when we needed strong leadership at DHHS, this is it. Playing politics has consequences.

Pandemic preparedness? Another GOP casualty. Dude, where’s my planning?

Exhibit B: How’s that OLC vacuum working for the nation?

“George Bush used this office to provide the legal justifications for torture and illegal spying. Because of Dawn’s courageous opposition to those policies, the right wing wants to block her confirmation. But we can’t let them,” Turner says, according to a transcript of the phone call distributed by PFAW.

Social conservatives say whatever the reasons Republican senators give for opposing her nomination, Johnsen has given a boost to their troops.

“The outside groups are fired up,” said one senior Republican aide.

Exhibit C: When at first you don’t succeed? Lie, lie again:

Bond: First Carl I would say that there’s a very strong dissent from five members of your committee who said that your report was fallacious…

Levin: I’ve got to answer that one thing because I’m chairman of the committee. There was no objection to this report. Seven Republicans were there when we voted on it. Not one dissented. We had months and months of opportunity for any dissenting views. That’s the report. It’s a unanimous report of the Senate Armed Services Committee.

It’s all kabuki, all of it.  It has nothing to do with the good of the nation.

This is a show and shell game for the most rabid partisans in their base to keep them in line for the 2010 fundraising cycle.

We’re facing enormous economic challenges, the nation’s reputation has been run headlong into a torture ditch and a pandemic flu epidemic may be looming, along with a bazillion other problems at once.  Not exactly helped along by the passive aggressive stylings of Democratic "leadership," either, mind you, given the lack of scheduled votes for either Sebelius or Johnsen.  Jeebus, grow a fricking spine, Harry.

But what matters to GOP leadership?  The emptiness of whatever PR ploy revs up the lizard brains. And screw the rest of the nation in the process.

Only thing that’s going to stop them is Americans waking up, standing up and speaking out.  Until then, it’s death by "shocked, yet?"

78 Responses to "Death By “Shocked, Yet?”"
Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:06 am 1

Morning everyone. Gorgeous here today — hope everyone else is getting the same lovely day…

Scarecrow | Monday April 27, 2009 06:06 am 2

G’morning, Christy. I’ve been wondering whether the contingency plan to use budget reconciliation wrt to health reform is connected to getting Johnsen and Sebelius confirmed. The Dems didn’t apply reconciliation rules now; they said they’d plan to do it October, if needed. In the meantime, it’s like the Republicans are on probation: if they continue to obstruct everything, then the hammer falls; if they become more “responsible,” maybe not. It’s carrot/stick approach. So the question is whether we’ll see any movement on the confirmations?

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:11 am 3
In response to Scarecrow @ 2

I wish I had an answer on that one. But no one is talking on when or if things will get scheduled. In the link on Johnsen above, there is an express mention of Harry Reid’s own electoral questions and why he might be delaying a vote on her to see how things will shake out in order to dodge his own personal issues.

Nice leadership, that, isn’t it?

Mithras61 | Monday April 27, 2009 06:13 am 4

Jeebus, grow a fricking spine, Harry.

I think this is a significant part of the problem. Harry Reid doesn’t realize he’s the Majority Leader and keeps tryingt o run things as a bipartisan organization. The Rs are not now (and in truth never have been) interested in bipartisanship aside from how it may be used to club Ds into submission. HR needs to grow a spine (and a pair of balls) and tell the Rs that if they want to stop any of the programs, they’re just going tohave to stand up in front of the nation and tell us why they support torture, why they want to block the most qualified candidates for various offices (remember during Bush the cry was “he shouldget the advisors he wants!), or how they have a a plan of “NO!” for us. Make them filibuster! I double-dog dare them to!

Beerfart Liberal | Monday April 27, 2009 06:13 am 5

Jeebus, grow a fricking spine, Harry.

Sigh. If I had a dollar, for every time…………………….

Knut | Monday April 27, 2009 06:13 am 6

Republicans don’t do the ‘government’ thing.

Beerfart Liberal | Monday April 27, 2009 06:14 am 7
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 5

somebody said………

Jeebus, grow a fricking spine, Harry.

Beerfart Liberal | Monday April 27, 2009 06:14 am 8
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 7

Hmmm. Something not working with te comment poster. Or maybe it’s me.

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 06:15 am 9

GM Christy and alll.

Maybe the 100 Days Press Conference will be an opportunity for PBO to remind the public that the Repugs have announced that they want him to fail and are blocking such nominations that effect our health, for example.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:16 am 10

Refresh your screen — it’s showing up, it’s just a weird glitch I have occasionally that the ital. part doesn’t always show without a refresh.

BAmer | Monday April 27, 2009 06:16 am 11

More examples of Republicans putting party before country. Makes the “Country First” signs at all those McCain rallies seem even more stupid.

Prairie Sunshine | Monday April 27, 2009 06:18 am 12

a bit OT, but re Goopers, saw an earlier thread comment mention that Collins was braggin’ on her website that she voted against funding for pandemic research? Anybody get a screen grab of that before her office takes it down?

Knut | Monday April 27, 2009 06:18 am 13

Something’s odd about Harry. I find it hard he’s that worried about re-election in a state that went for Obama and probably is even stronger for him now than in the election. I think there is some case to believing that he thinks that the Republicans will throw everything they have into obstruction — and there is apparently a lot of stuff to throw in the Senate — if he doesn’t give them some slack. That’s the difference between the Rethugs and the Dems. The Rethugs just don’t give a damn about the country, and act on that attitude. The Dems, for all their pusillaminity, do. I think there’s a proposition in Game Theory to cover this case.

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 06:18 am 14

Maybe PBO can mention that tired GOPeeved slogan too, BAmer.

tjbs | Monday April 27, 2009 06:21 am 15

Treason is never a mistake but it is a mistake not to name it TREASON. Nuremburg 2.0 has to happen , It’s where we’ll find our lost humanity. They are called War Crimes Tribunals.

Empty the jail cells and fill them with war criminals, all of them From GW bush to the guy that mopped up the blood off the floor. ALL

Thank God for the ladies of the lake.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:21 am 16
In response to Knut @ 13

I think he’d find his support less thin if he’d actually lead instead of constantly vacillating. But maybe that’s just me…

Prairie Sunshine | Monday April 27, 2009 06:21 am 17

Apparently Reid has no problem finding his spine when it comes to Republican torture memo writers.

Interesting pattern that when the Rethugs couldn’t beat up on Obama, they turned to beating up on the ladies…

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:22 am 18
In response to Beerfart Liberal @ 8

No, I got it, too, an Error message ,I think, that caused you to miss my wisdom.

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:22 am 19
In response to tjbs @ 15

And the occasional dude. G’morning, everyone. Back from (ready for this?) Peoria.

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:23 am 20

Must be Republican software. *g*

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 06:23 am 21

Oh, is it Monday morning again? Must be. People are all upset by some things said on Sunday Talking Head shows.
Me? I’m not shocked by any of this. I think we can only be shocked by things we’re not paying attention to. That, and maintaining a realistic expectation of human nature. Not that I have my finger on every single pulse, but I try to keep a reasonable overview going.
The forecast for my area is mainly cloudy today. So, maybe I’ll just make some soup from scratch. Am vowing to stay away from food prepared out in the world for a while.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:24 am 22

Morning barbara — hope you had a good trip.

Prairie Sunshine | Monday April 27, 2009 06:27 am 23
In response to Prairie Sunshine @ 12

For that matter, screen grabs of any and every Republican and their ilk [Lie-berman?] bragging about stopping pandemic funding should be taken before they can scrub their websites. Techies?

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:29 am 24
In response to Prairie Sunshine @ 23

Pretty sure we have several of those screengrabs already for something coming up a bit later. FWIW

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:30 am 25

What’s playing in Peoria right now is an elderly aunt and uncle. Uncle has become shouting, angry man owing largely to issues of aging. Very sad. And you know the world is in one heckuva mess when that’s preferable to Doing a Demi, i.e., paying attention.

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:32 am 26

Sounds good. I was puny the last few days, maybe still, but found my source for Ginger Beer, my new addiction thanks to the Lake.

Who started calling the opposition ‘douchebags’? I definitely object. Why insult a perfectly useful, functional, therapeutic, respected, intimate accessory as characterization for sociopaths?

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 06:33 am 27

I used to work in restaurants and thought it gave me a good opportunity to keep my germ quotient high, a good thing as I never got any of the crap that was going around. Now, I don’t have that opportunity. Maybe I need another game plan, or maybe not.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 06:36 am 28

:) Ha! Sorry your trip wasn’t for relaxation or recreation. We went camping at the beach this weekend. Had a spot right at the edge of the grounds, next to the fields that border big sand dunes. Perfect weather. Spring flowers. Nice long walks with the doggy and, Cooking Alfresco. It’s the best.

TheraP | Monday April 27, 2009 06:36 am 29

Beautifully pulled together!

I also am convinced that we need to keep our eye on the big picture. Because the same focus that brought us Katrina and its aftermath, lying us into Iraq and its aftermath, politicizing DoJ and its aftermath (etc. ad infinitum: “rope a nope”!) is bringing us this nonsense too!

The short-term focus of a Ponzi scheme. Replicated in every corner of society by a bunch of people who never learned to delay gratification and plan for problems.

Prairie Sunshine | Monday April 27, 2009 06:38 am 30

Good.

Far be it for the media to actually do its job instead of appeasing the Republican hardwiring…when they’re not busy scaring little ol’ ladies and vulnerable adults like my sis with ginning up the swine flu story.

Common tactic–leave out part of the news and run hysterically with the spin.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:39 am 31
In response to TheraP @ 29

Sometimes, it’s good to pull back and look at the ramifications of the choices to do — or not to do.

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:40 am 32

An acquaintance of mine (Michael Osterholm, formerly MN state epidemiologist) has written extensively about the probability (vs. possibility) of pandemic. As with global warming, many folks blew him off as an alarmist. Ding, ding, ding. I wish he’d be popped into the CDC slot. Don’t know his politics, but his skill and vision would be immensely helpful, now and tomorrow.

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:41 am 33

Whether it’s Reid or some else….who are the folks we need to be contacting? I have 2 R Senators + 1 R Rep…..where should I start? O, and a gov. who wants to secede.

mntleo2 | Monday April 27, 2009 06:41 am 34

Cloudy here in Seattle but …it will burn off, something tells me.

As for the Dems and Reid growing a spine, it never fails to amuse me how when they were in a minority the excuse was, “Well we are in a minority and we have to be bi-partisan in order to get what we want…” Which never happened anyway. Now they are the majority, it is “expansive” to be bi-partisan since we don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings or anything. I mean when the Dems were locked out of rooms from committees where they were supposed to be included while the Repugs were discussing issues, well, this was …Repugs being Repugs. It certainly did not hurt anybody’s feelings (much less screw the American public), of course THEY were the ones holding the stick so We had to bow and scrape, doncha know.

I am not saying that Dems need to act as crass as locking out committee memebers, but they do need to take leadership and shine some light on what has been done

Here is the deal Dems: DOING WHAT IS RIGHT IS *NOT* BI-PARTISAN, IT IS JUST THE RIGHT THING TO DO, YOU …(I can’t bring myself to call them “idiots”)

My 2 cetns

Cat In Seattle

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:43 am 35

As someone with a compromised immune system (due to lupus), I try to keep abreast of whatever rampant ick may be floating about, symptoms to watch for, etc. The last couple of years have been a wee bit crazy because far too often something that isn’t really a huge threat gets blown out of proportion entirely in the media, while something that is a graver long-term issue gets shoved to the side (e.g. pandemic preparations).

We are insane about short-term threat mentality and short of any serious long-term planning.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 06:43 am 36

I hope you feel even better soon. I love that word “puny” for when we feel “inferior in strength”. It’s so much more delicate than “shitty”. Like when we women have the “vapors”. Have I said lately just how much I love words?

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:45 am 37

In terms of Senate leadership: Reid, Durbin, Leahy (judiciary) and Innouye (Appropriations).

And every other Senator you can call, but especially the ones who are normally “wobbly.” We all know who they are.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:47 am 38

btw, if folks call their Senators and hear back from them on support for Dawn Johnsen and/or how they intend to vote on cloture if and when a vote is scheduled (tell them to vote FOR cloture), could you let me know what you find out? Thanks!

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:48 am 39

If I only had two senators . . . (sigh). Hello, Amy? This is barbara again.

Waccamaw | Monday April 27, 2009 06:48 am 40
In response to bgrothus @ 9

Good luck with that one. I try not to be excessively critical but O’s ability to point fingers sux. :-(

oldoilfieldhand | Monday April 27, 2009 06:48 am 41

Thanks Christy.! Looking forward to a list of “I stopped wasteful Democratic spending” posts from the Repubs.

OT, Can Rick Perry secede from the union and ask for foreign aid to protect the Texas Republic from the Swine Flu epidemic?

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:49 am 42

Well, (; thanks. I love words too but I am starting to give up punctuation. There used to be an ad that sad something about ‘Our language is the limits of our universe…’ I like that. Since I work mostly with sick people, all the weekend flu news was alittle scary.

WarOnWarOff | Monday April 27, 2009 06:50 am 43
In response to oldoilfieldhand @ 41

Jefferson Davis will save us…oink oink.

barbara | Monday April 27, 2009 06:51 am 44

Words is good. Thus saith the editer.

Crosstimbers | Monday April 27, 2009 06:51 am 45

Regarding your “secech” governor, and mine, the Denton Record Chronical Sunday editorial really nailed him. This isn’t a liberal area and it isn’t a liberal paper, but it was really good. The headline and first paragraph were:

“Perry: The depth of his shallowness

We are not sure if Gov. Rick Perry really adheres to bigoted, crackpot political philosophies, but he seems to like to touch base regularly with those who do.”

oldgold | Monday April 27, 2009 06:52 am 46

Yes, the media blows virtually everything out of proportion. As a result, it is easy to tune it out. But then, the 50th time they go nuts on a hurricane you get a Katrina. Hopefully, this swine flu isn’t a ‘Katrina,’ but the equivalent of hurricane ‘yada, yada.’

Crosstimbers | Monday April 27, 2009 06:52 am 47
In response to Crosstimbers @ 45

Sorry, I meant that to respond to RevBev @ 33.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 06:52 am 48
In response to Crosstimbers @ 45

LOL Good one!

cbl2 | Monday April 27, 2009 06:54 am 49

Good Morning Christy and Firedogs,

Christy – so glad to see you link to Effect Measure in your “Meet Cause” link above. as my kids would say, they are the shizz .

and it’s Cartography geeks gone wild . . .
Healthmap.org must be the busiest site on the interwebs – have been trying to get in all morning – ealthMap aggregates news feeds from the WHO, Google News, ProMED, and many other sources to provide the latest information from all around the world.

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:54 am 50
In response to Crosstimbers @ 45

Thanks. I was going to say that gaff reallyhas gotten alot of play…Our paper wrote that Sen Kay Bailey is the most popular elected official in the state, and a bruising contest for Gov is to be expected.

msmolly | Monday April 27, 2009 06:56 am 51

I was puny the last few days, maybe still

My awareness has been heightened by the sudden passing of Persiflage, but please don’t pass off “feeling puny” as something to be unconcerned about unless you’re fairly certain of the cause. Persi had mentioned not feeling well off and on for several days. Toby Wollin wrote an excellent post over at Relaxed Politics about silent heart attacks and there are good links there and in the comments.

Just a reminder…

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 06:58 am 52
In response to msmolly @ 51

That’s very kind and important. Thank you.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:00 am 53
In response to msmolly @ 51

That really was a shock, wasn’t it? I’ve been thinking quite a bit about that as well. And about how to make some healthy changes for me and my family.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:01 am 54

From Citizens for Legitimate Government,

Flu Kills The Torture Memos By Lori Price, http://www.legitgov.org
26 April 2009

In a ‘Holy convenience, Batman!’ moment, a ‘unique’ flu virus (one likely concocted in US Army labs) overtakes media coverage of revelations that the highest levels of the US government instructed the CIA (and private contractors) to torture terror suspects.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:03 am 55

Gotta say, I’m not buying that one. I tend to be highly skeptical of anything that doesn’t provide a hefty amount of documentary or other proof. Sorry.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:09 am 56

What part don’t you buy? Mostly, I was thinking about the aspect of throwing something scary up on the news to distract from the torture memos fury.
But, going back to what you said on Saturday, about life being precious, yes we have to take better care of ourselves and our loved ones. (That was a lovely and sweet post, btw, Christy). Vitamins, herbal tea and Chicken Soup! Also, I taken to putting a little epsom salt in my baths.

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 07:10 am 57

I like to remind people that my only symptoms of encephalitis were feeling like shit and a fever. Nothing else until my brain function started to slide. The only way I knew that was happening was when I tried to write a check (could not write) and later could not dial the phone. If I had been alone, per normal, just on the couch with fever and feeling lousy, I would not have had any sense to go to the hospital and would not have been able to drive there.

So for those who live alone, it is not easy to know when the signs are really dire. I got good health care in the nick of time (thanks to the intervention of friends) or I would not be walking and talking today.

msmolly | Monday April 27, 2009 07:10 am 58

It sure was a shock! I don’t know how old Persi was, but I’m sure she was considerably younger than I am (66). Toby’s post is a must read (we urged her to post it at Oxdown, too). Women present differently with heart attacks and some doctors don’t recognize the symptoms and a lot of women don’t either. It certainly has raised my awareness. Now that the weather has finally warmed up, I’ll be getting out my bicycle this week!

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:11 am 59

The “designed by the US Army labs” part.

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 07:13 am 60

What does the Epsom salt do?

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:17 am 61

Gotcha. I’m not big on conspiracy theories myself. For that matter, I’m not big on the military industrial complex either.
I’m with you on planning ahead for the future. Like filling vacant committee chairs and funding health and education programs.

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:17 am 62

It’s really good for an achy muscles and swollen joints soak for me, I know that.

Adie | Monday April 27, 2009 07:17 am 63

Good Morning Christy and Pups. Sunny again here, and the birds are deafening. My favorite alarm clock. ;->

Nice one! Thanks Christy.

I’m late to the Lake because I just hit the fan too re the pugs’ lack of any hint that they feel a sense of personal responsibility to -gasp- lead.

shameless plug for diary

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:21 am 64
In response to bgrothus @ 57

Wow, that’s really scary. So glad you got help! That would have been such a terrifying thing to face alone if you’d slid into that without anyone noticing…

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:21 am 65

When magnesium sulfate is absorbed through the skin, such as in a bath, it draws toxins from the body, sedates the nervous system, reduces swelling, relaxes muscles, is a natural emollient, exfoliator, and much more.

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 07:26 am 66

My loss of brain function was gradual, but I would not have been aware of it had not there been people coming to my house related to work I was doing at the time. I had written two checks before 11 AM but could no longer write one at 11:30. Of course, the checks I wrote before then were virtually illegible, but no one really noticed as they knew me. It is a miracle that I am typing this, really. Encephalitis is tricky. And another 12 hours without diagnosis/treatment, maybe I would have died.

WarOnWarOff | Monday April 27, 2009 07:27 am 67

Epsom salts is also good for growing tomatoes & peppers.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:31 am 68

Who knew? Do you add it to the water?

Christy Hardin Smith | Monday April 27, 2009 07:33 am 69

Sprinkle it around the plants. As the magnesium gets wet via rain or waterings, it soaks in and greens up the leaves nicely and helps the fruit set well. It also works well for eggplant. *g*

WarOnWarOff | Monday April 27, 2009 07:35 am 70

Yep, something like 2-3 tablespoons per gallon, which can be applied directly to the leaves, or watered into the ground. Also you can just put some directly into the hole when you’re transplanting into larger containters.

demi | Monday April 27, 2009 07:36 am 71

Cool! Thanks. Will do.

RevBev | Monday April 27, 2009 07:37 am 72

And all I wanted is a good bath….I love y’all B

shootthatarrow | Monday April 27, 2009 07:38 am 73

The Democrats in WashingtonDC for years have let the RePugnants get away with this BS and far to often fall into this cowering/cowardly/kowtowing mode which the Pugs reward with a kick in the D’s ass and a slap to the D’s face.

Harry Reid was the wrong person to put in leadership position as he is not from a solid D state where he need not worry about kicking the ball hard and often.

Nancy Pelosi is little better and waffles more often than not which does not make having Harry Reid in Senate point position any easier to take.

These two after the 2006 election failed to pick up the spirit of that election and allowed the Bush WH and the Repugnants far too much running room.

We now see how that worked out with this torture history coming forth.

It is time to call BS.

And Harry and Nancy really would do the D’s a favor by stepping aside or down. President Obama needs some capital D minding as it is and these two are not of a pedigree to do that.

Iraq looks like it is going to become Obama’s/Clinton’s Occupation now and whatever hornets nests are being poked in Afghanistan and Pakistan surely the wrong people are charting that and wading into another mega Asian cluster*$#@ for Americans.

Messing around in Pakistan seems to be coming to the fore given the propaganda and framing being pushed. Pakistan may well become the new Vietnam only much worse as it will be much more about religion.

What a good idea! An Asian land war where religion is at the middle of the conflict.

Flu pandemic? Economic implosion? Legal No Mans Land?

The Repugs are not about good government and governance. Just ask G.W.Bush,Newt or Rush.

Adie | Monday April 27, 2009 07:41 am 74
In response to bgrothus @ 66

As an undiagnosed Lyme survivor myself (1962) who somehow muddled through without treatment because ‘they didn’t know’, may I send supportive hugs!

(((((bgrothus)))))

cbl2 | Monday April 27, 2009 07:43 am 75
In response to bgrothus @ 66

so very glad you are still with us. I would think local public health officials would have been interested in your case – did anyone track how you were exposed ?

bgrothus | Monday April 27, 2009 08:00 am 76

At the time, my brain was not working so well (g). So I was in denial of the likely culprit as mosquito/West Nile Virus. I have not been tested, but I have tried since to establish the link w/o success. Most likely WNV, but I guess it could have been totally random. They were interested at the time, but I had and have no idea that I was bitten by a mosquito, so I said it was not possible. Of course in retrospect, that is probable, I just don’t recall the bite.

tejanarusa | Monday April 27, 2009 11:31 am 77
In response to msmolly @ 51

Oh, my! When did that happen? (have been offline a few weeks due to computer probs.)

What a shame. Is the Oxdown post still up? I’ll check it out.
(my library compujter time almost up)

Elliott | Monday April 27, 2009 11:51 am 78
In response to tejanarusa @ 77

Laura Doty put up the diary, here’s the link

Hope your computer gets better soon!