Friday Muppet Blogging

A while back, Norman Lear put together an "I Love Liberty" production for People for the American Way (PFAW).

And there were muppets.

And Martin Sheen.

But mostly muppets.

Thought everyone would get a kick out of this one today.

Enjoy!

7 Responses to "Friday Muppet Blogging"
Curious | Friday April 17, 2009 08:28 am 1

Christy — Off topic, but remembered how you liked The Wire series and saw this notice: Moyers, tonight, PBS program.

From beat reporter for the BALTIMORE SUN to award-winning creator of HBO’s critically-acclaimed THE WIRE, David Simon talks with Bill Moyers about inner-city crime and politics, storytelling and the future of journalism today. After a dozen years covering crime for the BALTIMORE SUN, David Simon left journalism to write books and tell stories for NBC and HBO, including his Peabody-winning cop show, THE WIRE, which looked at the drug wars and the gritty underbelly of the inner-city.

Christy Hardin Smith | Friday April 17, 2009 08:38 am 2
In response to Curious @ 1

Ooooh — thanks so much for the heads up on that one! Sounds like my TIVO will be getting set and then some…much appreciated!

demi | Friday April 17, 2009 08:42 am 3

Christy – Sorry for my turkey ot below. Should have waited for here, but forgot it was Friday. *g*
Norman Lear. Sure, he might be a very nice liberal, but he’s still a man, like every other man.
Years ago, when I worked in the industry, we happened to be working in the same place and he engaged me in conversation and then proceeded to invite me to join him for lunch. It was my distinct impression it wasn’t to talk about liberal politics. I could have been mistaken, of course, but I declined that invitation. Know what I’m saying?
What they say about absolute power corrupting? That small head doing the thinking works the same way. People wonder how someone as nice as John Edwards made the poor choices he did, doesn’t surprise me at all.

Teddy Partridge | Friday April 17, 2009 01:01 pm 4

Every time the Continental Congress’s turmoil and turbulence is discussed, I’m reminded of our orderly legislatures currently, where 60 votes stifle any discussion or votes, or where bills aren’t even brought forward unless they pass.

And there are also pigs nowadays! Why, we recently had a Speaker Pig!

laurastrand | Friday April 17, 2009 03:37 pm 5

Dear Christie, I am assuming (and hoping to not make “an ass out of Uma Thurman”) that the Peanut assisted in the selection of Muppet video. If she didn’t, please don’t tell me. I believe that the peanut is an astute Stand-up Gal.

Ruffian | Saturday April 18, 2009 11:44 am 6

its saturday but I loved this!!
Thanks peanut & Christy

wmd1961 | Saturday April 18, 2009 07:57 pm 7

I’m late too, enjoyed it as usual. Travel cuts into keeping up with blogs. i got the treat of taking my son to a San Gambrinus Benevolence Society (home brewers) meeting.