beck-poster-rev.jpgDid everyone send out their Fox Fans Fox News Anti-Tax Tea Party post cards for today?

No Fox News branding intended, of course. Just good, clean American original fun with no astroturfing help from corporate lobbying groups and big money donors involved whatsoever. Nothing foxy here. Nope.

Unca Rupert just wants a good turn-out for his personally manufactured ratings bonanza and e-mail gathering on the side.

Unca Rupert’s already given valuable op-ed space to Glenn Reynolds in the Murdoch-owned NYPost and now in the Murdoch-owned WSJ to flog the tea party marketing ploy that Dick Armey’s Freedom Works employees have so graciously (and without any underlying client lobbying interest whatsoever, no siree) flacked out to the helpful folks at Fox News.

Who then bent over backward to help their Murdoch-owned Fox News ready-made audience show up to the very events they are covering live, with no interest in ratings whatsoever, no siree.

Cozy.

Although, honestly, who wouldn’t want to spend a whole day with Glenn Beck, one of the leading lights of conservative spew thought?

When a liberal activist group accidentally put a 30 second citizen generated ad featuring a comparison between Bush and Hitler on its web site, the political establishment goes nuts.

Glenn Beck, a highly paid television pundit spends an entire hour comparing…Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini to Obama and the political establishment acts like it’s perfectly normal.

That any of these people dare to compare themselves to the Founding Fathers of this country? Beyond disgusting. You’d have to be an utter rube to think the likes of any of these folks aren’t about one thing and one thing only: promoting themselves.

80 Responses to "Jeepers, It’s Fox News Anti-Tax Tea Party E-Mail Gathering Astroturf Day With Super-Duper Patriot Glenn Beck!"
Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:16 am 1

Morning gang — who has the coffee?

demi | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:21 am 2

I do. I do. Just hold out your cup.
(I only drink the tea in the afternoon. *g*)

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:22 am 3

Millionaires and Billionaires really appreciate the working class marching to protect their money.

Splicer | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:22 am 4

Watching Glenn Beck is really an amazing treat. His mannerisms and affect are so over the top that he comes across as some kind of sideshow freak. I hope it isn’t an act because I love the idea of watching someone who is mentally ill deteriorate on television.

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:24 am 5

Speaking of which, I need another cuppa…

Rayne | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:24 am 6

I have coffee, freshed brewed Kona — and I’ve had too much already, drink up the rest so it’s not tempting me.

Evidence of over-caffeination: my first thought looking at that photo of creepy Beck was, “Who in God’s name would sleep with that moron?”

Blecchhh…

hosemore | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:25 am 7

They’re having a tea party to protest being taxed too much in SAN ANTONIO! A city that has, what, five or six military bases? That’s rich.

jayt | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:27 am 8
In response to Leen @ 3

And they pay *get* paid so well to do it….

On some level, you gotta admire that.

klynn | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:29 am 9
In response to Rayne @ 6

ROTFL!

And that is not evidence of over-caffeination! You are just sensible.

btw, I compost my tea bags.

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:31 am 10
In response to Leen @ 3

Excellent.

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:34 am 11

And for starting off yer day with a picture and YouTube of Glenn Beck? Sincere apologies, gang.

klynn | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:37 am 12
In response to jayt @ 8

I am not sure I admire it but I am amazed by the enormity of the level of dysfunction.

Divide and conquer with deception and build a faction to try and avoid a real intervention. The “play” pulled on citizens is quite slime coated.

Lot’s of wine sipping, smarmy laughter at the rigged event, raised hands, shaking hands for the success and many raised glasses to toasting the future… in some dark corners today and tonight.

iamsam67 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:38 am 13

Listening to Newt Gingrich make a fool of himself and the party….

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:38 am 14

I’v seen how they always underestimate attendance at progressive ralies, I wonder what multiple they’ll use to make believe this had an outstanding turnout

JimWhite | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:38 am 15

Yeah, that was a pretty nasty trick on your part. *g*

If Beck “spews”, as you put it, maybe we should just call him a spigot. That might not be accurate though, because spigots can be shut off and this guy just seems to go on and on…

TomWells | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:40 am 16

The only ones noticing this are the right wing cable outlets, hate talk radio like Rush, and liberal bloggers.

Most regular folks will be busy working today (or looking for a job).

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:41 am 17

here’s how effective their tea party is;

Forty-one percent of Americans now believe that lower-income people are paying their “fair share” of federal taxes, up from 32 percent last year, according to a new Gallup poll. At the same time, just 23 percent say that upper-income taxpayers pay their “fair share,” while 60 percent say they pay too little.

good to see ain’t nobody buying it but these tea baggers

do they even know what that expression means?

AZ Matt | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:42 am 18
In response to Rayne @ 6

Doing Costa Rican coffee this morning myself.

Faux is a prostitute.

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:43 am 19
In response to perris @ 17

do they even know what that expression means?

what do you have when you have two nutz on the wall?

wall nutz

what do you have when you have two nutz on your chest?

chest nutz

what do you have when you have two nutz on your chin?

teh tea bagger

eCAHNomics | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:44 am 20

How does one find out where the tea parties are?

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:44 am 21
In response to AZ Matt @ 18

Sumatra blend here this morning, and it is nummy.

twolf1 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:45 am 22

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:45 am 23

There’s a tea party website that was set up by FreedomWorks that collects all the tea party information into one place.

mmartin | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:46 am 24

Secrets of Recovery Plan Revealed–
Step 1: Read an eloquent speech from a teleprompter informing the American people that help is on the way, soon.
Step 2: Give 20 Trillion dollars to the Banksters.
Step 3: Read an eloquent speech telling the people they will need to sacrifice, more.
Step 4: Give 30 Trillion more the the Banksters.
Step 5: Read another speech telling the people they will have to be patient.
Step 5: Hire more key Banksters into the administration.
Step 6: Give a few crumbs to some of the people who by now have been suffering greatly for years, and read another speech thanking them for their sacrifice, do it eloquently, you were President of Law Review for God’s sake.
Step 7: Give more money to the Banksters.
Step 8: Provide justification for another war–Yes, it’s coming, folks, and he will explain to you the details of why you need to pay for it.
Step 9: Repeatedly compare yourself, an utterly inexperienced person who has never personally managed ANYTHING of consequence–to the greatest figures in American history, and ask for re-election, which, the people who are gullible enough to have followed to this point MIGHT be stupid enough to continue to support.

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:47 am 25
In response to mmartin @ 24

Cut and paste much?

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:47 am 26

on a terrible note;

The Obama administration is leaning toward keeping secret some graphic details of tactics allowed” in CIA interrogations, which include stories about head smashing. Top CIA officials and “some in the White House…argue that disclosing such secrets will undermine the agency’s credibility with foreign intelligence services.”

wonderful

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:49 am 27
In response to perris @ 26

Brennan’s been pushing that, for starters, along with a number of other current and former CIA folks. There’s been pushback from what I’ve heard, but not nearly enough for my comfort level.

Beyond frustrating, isn’t it? Between this, recent legal filings and Geithner, I think I may have a permanent headache these days.

eCAHNomics | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:49 am 28
In response to twolf1 @ 22

Thanks. Found out there’s one in Gardiner, a little town where my country house is. It’s been voting D in recent elections, but still close.

I’m in the city today, so may go observe the one at City Hall Park if I can’t find anything better to do.

eCAHNomics | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:51 am 29
In response to perris @ 26

And it’s not as though that we don’t already know what’s in the withheld docs. Danner’s release of the Red Cross reports and other public info is pretty thorough. So Obama accomplishes nothing except by being on the wrong side of history.

jayt | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:51 am 30
In response to klynn @ 12

well, I did say on *some* level….

maybe a low reptilian level….

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:51 am 31

no time for a diary, someone else needs to write about this;

Lehman Brothers has stockpile of uranium
Enough uranium to build a bomb;

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:53 am 32
In response to perris @ 31

link

gotta go

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:53 am 33
In response to Rayne @ 6

oh please, you want over caffeination ? I still have Dick Armey:The Musical playing in my head:

Dick is ’sampling’ Matchmaker from Fiddler on the Roof:

teabaggers, teabaggers
how ’bout a bash ?
you need to vent
I need the cash

teabaggers, teabaggers
I’ll set the scene,
Your e-mail’s worth money,
all clean, crisp, and green

teabaggers, teabaggers
through my Astroturf
you see think it is grassroots
but you’re still a serf

Never you mind Reagan outspent before
you are my suckers,
Glen Reynolds my whore !

somebody stop me . . .

WarOnWarOff | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:54 am 34
In response to perris @ 26

Finally watched “Taxi to the Dark Side” last night, one of the most chilling, disturbing films I have ever seen. And it’s real. And my tax dollars supported it. Ugh.

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:54 am 35

Uh. Mah. Gawd. Fricking hilarious!

klynn | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:54 am 36
In response to jayt @ 30

LOL!

Context is everything.

Although, even reptiles seem cuddly today…on “some” level. /s :)

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:55 am 37

That’s a tough one to watch. Haunting.

perris | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:55 am 38

before I go I must embolden one portion of your post for good measure;

So Obama accomplishes nothing except by being on the wrong side of history.

my heart grows heavier and heavier, he could have been among the greatest presidents ever to serve, now he stands along side bush

tons of work, be back tonight

WarOnWarOff | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:55 am 39

Meaning, my tax dollars supported the torture and murder film documents, not the film itself. More coffee.

klynn | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:56 am 40
In response to perris @ 32

Read that yesterday and was amazed to find out about it.

barbara | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:57 am 41

That any of these people dare to compare themselves to the Founding Foundering Fathers of this country?

Fixed it for ya, Christy.

Be remembering, everyone, that by tomorrow, this silly thing will be so yesterday.

bonzo1958 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:58 am 42

I’ve been blaming the rain for my headaches but maybe it is stress from the “news”.

Prairie Sunshine | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:59 am 43

Step away from the keyboard right now…and go put up your flag. A little neighborhood reminder of what real patriotism is on “teabaggin’ conservative” tax day.

henrythefifth | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:59 am 44

At 9:45 a.m. this morning as I drove into work, there was a whole 1 teabagger at the Wash Monument and a whole 11 of them out front of the White House! By the end of the day there are going to be dozens of them!

oldgold | Wednesday April 15, 2009 06:59 am 45

The sheer reckless audacity of Beck boggles the mind. One day it is tea bags. You start to addressing that idiocy and he begins screaming about progressive facism and running clips of Nazi marches. You start to address this mendacous insanity and he begins screaming about the legitimacy secession and Davy Crockett.

This all happens all within 100 days of Obama taking office. What in the name of hell is next?

WarOnWarOff | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:00 am 46
In response to henrythefifth @ 44

We’re surrounded! Oh noes!

barbara | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:01 am 47
In response to henrythefifth @ 44

By the end of the day there are going to be dozensa dozen of them!

So many edits, so little time….

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:01 am 48

Frightening when you think about the fact that the man appears to have no limits to which he won’t sink to get attention, isn’t it?

Adie | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:01 am 49

oh, i see you already dealt with it. I was going to suggest a good thorough rinse cycle with white vinegar, followed by fluff dry on “delicate”.

“never mind” ;->

barbara | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:01 am 50

Projectile vomiting?

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:02 am 51

Mr Murdoch also published an authentic opinion piece today: Thomas Frank

“And when Dick Armey suggests that Wall Street is the one that’s really down with the common people, you’d better believe it. The man is plastic populism to his styrene soul”

linkitude

eCAHNomics | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:03 am 52
In response to Prairie Sunshine @ 43

I made a vow not to display the U.S. flag as long as W was prez. Put up the U.N. flag instead, as a subtle joke.

Now I have a dilemma as to whether I want to be patriotic (which I now define as supporting the U.S. leadership) again. Obama is better than W but not very good.

However, my dilemma was solved last summer. The front porch post where my flag holder was attached, was painted and the flag holder was removed. It’s on my list of things to do, but I might wait another 3 or more years to get to it.

rxbusa | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:03 am 53
In response to hosemore @ 7

Yeah. I would really like to see a comparison the tax protest activity vs this chart of where our tax money goes.

A long while back someone said whenever people talk about increasing or decreasing taxes, you should substitute the words “government services” for “taxes” to see if they still agree with it.

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:03 am 54

So hoping the Millionaires for Bush show up at some of these tea parties supporting the rich. This group really played up how the wealthy were increasing their wealth during the Bush administration. They came to most of the anti invasion marches really had people cracking up.

Those tea parties are perfect for them. Dressing as rich fat cats with signs that say “thank you blue collar folks for protecting our millions” Or

“Widen the income gap”
“Thank you for paying our fair share”

Earl of Huntington posted this at Oxdown the other day..seemed to get passed over.

Lots of great clips of Glenn Beck

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:11 am 55

And all the rich folk are watching the blue collar folk march in the streets across the country all in the name of protecting the fat cats $$$.

Can’t you just see the fat cats watching on T.V. screens from their fat cat clubs

they are oh so happy that

“Taxes are not for everyone”

Rayne | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:13 am 56
In response to perris @ 38

Jeebus, talk about irrational overreaction. We gave Bush enormous latitude for 8 long years, and we’ve given the first mixed-race president who’s got God-knows how many threats aimed at him less than 100 days to get it right?

Seriously. Even some of the regulars here need to think carefully about the left-behinds inside the government which Obama knows full well are there and have been making veiled threats against him all along.

The Teabaggers? Gimme a break, people; this was a bunch of millionaires and billionaires wearing their invisible hoods, making threats against the presidency and any of his peeps, using raw, naked racial angst and class warfare to demonstrate how much power they still hold in the streets, let alone among the left-behinds.

Think about, those of you who are white, for just a minute: what the hell do you think this looks like if you’re a person of color, and if you’re the first black president…

WasillaHillbilly | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:15 am 57

FOX NEWS COVERAGE OF TEA PARTY PROTESTS DRINKING GAME:

Every time someone says “socialist”: 1 drink

Every time someone says fascist: 2 drinks

Every time some one says “Obama, Pelosi, & Ried” in one sentence: 3 drinks

Every time someone claims this is “not a Republican or a Democrat issue”: 4 drinks

Glenn Beck cries: 5 drinks

Sean Hannity expresses outrage: 5 drinks

A Republican politician makes an appearance at on of the supposed “non-partisan” rallies: 3 drinks

Chuck Norris shows up: 3 drinks

Rush Limbaugh shows up: 3 drinks with an Oxyconton chaser

Best of luck! Chances are you’ll be passed out by 5 PM!

Christy Hardin Smith | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:15 am 58
In response to Rayne @ 56

Not to mention the fact that FDR was thought to be an utter failure for the first year of his presidency. Time and perspective tend to broaden understanding a wee bit.

Not saying criticism isn’t warranted, lord knows I toss it out when I feel it is — but it’s not all bad at the moment either. Deep breath, all.

Adie | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:16 am 59

there’s supposedly a mini meetup in medina (pronounced with a nice ohioistic “eye”) today, complete with appearance of his wholiness state sinator willy batch-elder, hereditary politicker extraordinaire since a-fore we moved near the burg.

reminds the hindbrain of when bushie one appeared lo many years ago and hizzhonour’s staff ordered a big beautiful tree on the town square cut down, a’cuz it wuz “in the way” of an otherwise perfect campain foto-op. (true dat!)

the natives refused, and the tree still stands, even tho they accede to suggestions orders that they yank kidlets outta skool so’s they could cheer & play their marching band schtick at the spec-tackle.

sometimes, in their moment of extremis, politicallingdoves over-reach just a tad, and empower the heathens to yank the leash on em.

reddy, set, YEEHAW!

attend? moi? surely u jest. i have papers to shred.

Carry on dear puppies. I’m with you in spirit.

Good stuff Redd. You make my day. ;->

Adie | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:20 am 60

Good idea.

Here we did display the US, but upside-down in protest, and flanked by yellow ribbons and red, blue & purple flowers.

Took it down with relief when dubba disappeared around the corner this year.

Adie | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:23 am 61
In response to WasillaHillbilly @ 57

Your tolerance level to teh alkeehawl far surpasseth that in this household.

BTW, may I ask why u spend your day watching? Train wrecks fun too?

Eeewwww!

I salute your stamina, for doing it so I won’t have to.

Rayne | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:24 am 62

I hear you; we’ve been so frustrated for so long, even through much of the Clinton years when he failed to listen to his better angels, that we’ve placed far too much expectation on this one man. I can’t imagine what it must be like to have to listen coolly and dispassionately every morning to the PDB only to hear that some of the threats are against one’s self as an individual, and I’m sure the man’s heard them. And I’m sure he’s fully aware that some of the people he’s brought into the tent are not honest dealers, but must be kept close for some critical reason (John Brennan, for example, is one that I don’t trust but must be there for some reason — maybe a bargaining chip).

But to compare Obama to Bush inside the first 100 days, when we are asking this person to fix a depression which may be worse than FDR faced? Sheesh.

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:25 am 63
In response to rxbusa @ 53

I’ll see yer chart …and raise ya one

state-by-state burden of Off-Shore Tax Havens shifted to taxpayers .

tri-corner hat tip to HuffPo

Save The Caymans !!!

rxbusa | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:29 am 64

I saw that! boy! California could sure use that $11B.

Waccamaw | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:30 am 65
In response to WasillaHillbilly @ 57

Well, that means at 5:00 p.m. I’m gonna be stone cold sober.

Now if you broaden the package to all cable news channels, I’ll probably be dead drunk long before noon. :-(

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:33 am 66
In response to rxbusa @ 64

and we’re number 2 with a bullet !

and it looks like we’ve won the Gooper Governor Loon-Off in a walk

good times

Waccamaw | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:35 am 67

Off shortly to reconorder (sp?) t-party activities in the nearest town. Will report back later.

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 07:41 am 68

what with the Gun Nutters, Aryans, Birthers, Malkintents, Astroturfers, Dittoheads all meeting up in various locations , I can’t get the image of a surreal It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World outta my head

mui1 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:16 am 69

Glen Beck’s take on history is a little shaky. I am not sure he knows what progressive is. I am all for alterntive history novels, but Beck is like evil twilight zone revisionist propaganda.

Mauimom | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:20 am 70

Was it during the Clinton administration that the FCC rules got changed, thus allowing Rupert [who “converted” by obtaining American citizenship] to own multi-outlets in the same media market?

Gee, wasn’t THAT a wise move????

karnak12 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:27 am 71

I saw your chart, but I’m not sure I understand what it means. I mean I know about the CA budget deficit, being one of those unfortunates living in California, but I don’t get the tax haven connection.

Could you expand on that please?

karnak12 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:32 am 72

Whoops! Tried to read the second link, but when I got down to para 2 or 3 there were these nude pictures of Padma, and then everything went to hell…

karnak12 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:33 am 73

Must. Focus.

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:47 am 74
In response to WasillaHillbilly @ 57

That is so funny. You know the more I think about this I hope all of those folks stop paying their taxes.

Will they throw them in the clinker?

behindthefall | Wednesday April 15, 2009 08:55 am 75
In response to perris @ 31

That’s de facto evidence of the sickness that constitutes our financial system. There is no way in H**L that Lehman Brothers ever actually ever WANTED uranium; they just wanted to interpose themselves into some kind of deal — any deal. (What _else_ did they buy and sell just for the sake of buying and selling?)

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 12:29 pm 76

Had contacted the Billionaire for Bush group to see if they were going to turn out for any of the tea parties…
here is their response

Hi Kathleen,

We do have some Billionaires turning out in DC. I’m not sure where you are located, but of course B4B was always a do-it-yourself campaign, so I’d encourage you to join your local tea-baggers in your finest formalwear with a big smile and your own (computer printed, not hand lettered) sign:

Tax Work, Not Wealth

Inequality Is Not Growing Fast Enough

Small Government, Big Wars

Only Little People Pay Taxes

All Best,

Meg

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 12:30 pm 77
In response to Leen @ 76

wonder if the MSM will give this group any coverage?

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 01:33 pm 78

Tea Bag Terror: Protests Causing Scares, Evacuations At Congressional Offices

Leen | Wednesday April 15, 2009 01:41 pm 79

DC Tea Party Protest Shut Down By Secret Service, Package Thrown Over White House Fence (VIDEO)

cbl2 | Wednesday April 15, 2009 02:09 pm 80
In response to karnak12 @ 71

just in case you check back:

U.S. PIRG came up with the state numbers by dividing the $100 billion figure by the percentage of total federal revenue contributed by each state.

imagine what your (and my former home) state could do with $11BB