Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

It’s St. Patrick’s Day.  Shouldn’t you share the wearing o’ the green with someone who sends you off in fits of snorting guffaws?

Or at least someone who makes you laugh yer ass off until you have to hold your stomach as tears roll down your face?

Because I just could not help myself….

It’s a special Irish moment with The Muppets mid-week.  And when I say "special," I mean that in a chortling, gigglefest sort of special way.  With added Swedish Chef, Animal and Beaker awesomeness.

Put down all liquids — including green beer — before playing the YouTube.  You have been warned.

15 Responses to "Happy St. Patrick’s Day!"
Petrocelli | Tuesday March 17, 2009 07:58 am 1

Happy St Paddy’s Day, Christy & Friends !

Jim Henson was a genius !

Christy Hardin Smith | Tuesday March 17, 2009 07:59 am 2

Oh man. Was that as good for you as it was for me? hehehehehehehehehe

Christy Hardin Smith | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:00 am 3
In response to Petrocelli @ 1

Beaker in a turtleneck and tam’o’shanter? Genius, pure and simple.

musicsleuth | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:05 am 4

Thanks for that! I needed a giggle this morning.

demi | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:06 am 5

Happy Happy Petro and Christy…
As soon as I get some green, I’ll be sharin’ it with you for certain.
(Petro – new current interest in the script. yay, but not counting any chickens yet.)
Thanks for the muppets. I usually get a tad weepy at that song. Much better this way.

dmac | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:11 am 6

doin’ a happy ‘jig’, christy and pups! sunny and into the 60’s today!!

on this page is an mp3 for thistle and shamrock, and the playlist..box on the right has the music link. is only 9:27 long. dang.

and a cool listener-submitted post about ‘broadsides’ .

Broadsides were, in their most basic form, a single piece of paper, printed with songwords (or other material) often incorporating a woodcut image. From the late 1600s in Britain broadsides were everywhere – sold by pedlars (who would sing the songs to get a sale!) at fairs and markets and from stalls. Many, including sailors, would buy the songs and travel all over the world.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you and those you hold dear.

Millineryman | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:12 am 7

Oh boy, oh boy…

May all your beef be corned.

Lindy | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:19 am 8

{{{{{{{{{Petrocelli}}}}}}}}}}.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day, everyone :)

Christy Hardin Smith | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:28 am 9

For some great music, I’d like to offer up this YouTube of Silly Wizard. The Cunningham brothers and the rest of the band are fantastic.

dmac | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:53 am 11

can’t count how many times my mom would start crying in the car from irish songs, dad had to edit his tapes or play something else.

compromise.

noone here has st. patrick’s traditions, feels weird, everyone hours away…am going to do my own, but not as fun, is a day of gathering…

contemplative , mary black-song for ireland
she gives me goosebumps

and exiting with a jig–

‘The Prize Jig’ and ‘The Rambler’s Return’
from the album ‘P.J. Hernon.’ P.J. plays melodeon and B/C box on this 1978 LP which has now been re-issued as a CD.
A few pictures from all over Ireland. Hope you like it.

i know what dad is getting for father’s day. the instruments make my cat sunshine freak out. along with harmonicas and fiddle and tin whistles and bagpipes..bluegrass and irish music.
take care

dmac | Tuesday March 17, 2009 08:58 am 12
In response to Millineryman @ 7

“and all your friends be ‘corny’ “.

dmac | Tuesday March 17, 2009 09:13 am 13

wow, thanks christy…
the cunninghams.
that song did it.
hope i can shut off the faucet.
many of my memories are wrapped in irish music.
one is–with my dad at macafferty’s in minn-st.paul listening to irish bands and drinking harp’s on tap. hard-core irish spot if you know what i mean, they ‘passed a hat’ there. not there anymore.

i miss my family today.

gonna go take a ride with my dog and ‘blow the stink off’…too pretty to be melancholy for long today.

Christy Hardin Smith | Tuesday March 17, 2009 01:38 pm 14

The Peanut has made me play this YouTube 5 times now. Owie, my ears…but the laughter is awfully fun.

rosalind | Tuesday March 17, 2009 03:46 pm 15

i want to know how many takes they had to do before making it through without cracking each other up.