A Moment of Ahhhhhhhhh

Just a few of the many things that made me giggle today:

– "Nation’s blacks creeped out by all the people smiling at them."

– Apparently, we’re all John Galt now. The stupid, it burns. And burns. And burns.

– "Butt boys"?  Oh, the horror.

No one could have predicted.  Nosiree.

– *sniffle*

–  Frightful, indeed.

– Perhaps this is the reason that McCain’s gotten so surly again? (Thus answering the age-old question: oh, yes, you can overdo it.)

– I love Tilda Swinton. Sometimes, you just need to say it out loud. Or type it. Whatever.

– Dammit! I missed square root day!

– Months later? Still makes me laugh out loud. (YouTube) Good lord, I love this show.

13 Responses to "A Moment of Ahhhhhhhhh"
sdrDusty | Wednesday March 4, 2009 03:53 pm 1

Great random links, and a wonderful perfect photo!

ShotoJamf | Wednesday March 4, 2009 04:54 pm 2

Christy:

I’m almost despondent that I missed square root day. On the other hand, what a good little doggie.

Thanks much for this brief respite. It’s nice to stop and take a breather (Whew!)…Like an oasis in the midst of this Major Shit Storm. Sort of like cruising a “hurricane hunter” through the eye. A little humor always helps to put things in perspective.

Elliott | Wednesday March 4, 2009 05:13 pm 3

I’m almost despondent that I missed square root day

ah too bad, we partied like it was 3/3/09

Least you won’t miss Pi Day, will you?

MrWhy | Wednesday March 4, 2009 05:48 pm 4

AZ Matt | Wednesday March 4, 2009 06:05 pm 5

My birthday was yesterday.

oregondave | Wednesday March 4, 2009 07:15 pm 6

The REAL Pi Day — 3.14.16 (as long as rounding is allowed). Looking forward to it.

oregondave | Wednesday March 4, 2009 07:18 pm 7
In response to AZ Matt @ 5

Hope it was a good one, AZ Matt. You weren’t turning, by any chance, 25 or 36 or 49 or 64 or 81?

skippy | Wednesday March 4, 2009 07:19 pm 8

as always, christy, thx 4 the link! and don’t worry, kids, the next square root day is only 7 years, 1 month away! (04/04/16)

Blue | Thursday March 5, 2009 07:34 am 9

Ah so many questions, none of which will likely be answered but while we’re dreaming I’d like to know WTF(ing) moron’s response was to the August 6, 2001 PDB Bin Laden Determined to Strike in US?

Blue | Thursday March 5, 2009 07:38 am 10

So – I clicked submit comment and the text disappeared – what’s up with that – here’s another try (and when I used preview the date became Sept 10, 2007 – weird)

Blue | Thursday March 5, 2009 07:39 am 11

Third time’s a charm … Ah so many questions – none of which will likely be answered. But as long as we’re dreaming, I’d like to know WTFing moron’s response was to the August 6, 2001 PDB entitled Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the US?

tejanarusa | Thursday March 5, 2009 12:33 pm 12
In response to MrWhy @ 4

LOL–Why wasn’t there one of these when I was married to the chemist (minor, math) whose birthday was 3/14/47?

I don’t think it ever occurred to either of us.
Hope he enjoys this year’s celebration.

tejanarusa | Thursday March 5, 2009 01:02 pm 13

Love the LG&M piece on why the dentist who’s going to cut back to earn $249,999 is stupid.
But I wonder where Paul Campos is that he thinks a San Antonio roofer makes $40k?

[referring to G. Reynolds]

a law professor who is probably paid around 200K a year by the great state of Tennessee… is “working” five times “harder” (using Wingnuttia’s definition of “hard work”) than a guy roofing houses in San Antonio in July who makes 40K a year?

I’ve dealt with roofers (usually in child support matters) – they are usually un-documented or otherwise recent immigrants, and get paid (or not, often) waaaay less than $40k — maybe $20k if work is steady. And yes, it is DAMN hot here in San Antonio in July — 100 degrees not unusual, and it is NOT a “dry heat.”

Still, the point remains valid.
I read some of the comments, and they’re pretty good, too. Have to remember some of them next week when I visit my mom and my Republican cousins start in on this meme. (none of whom, with one possible exception, makes anywhere near $250k)